Side Hustling Ep. 55: This 10 Year Side Hustle & Labor of Love is Finally Bringing in Some Cash




Hey guys, I'm Johnny with Rules for Rebels and thanks for tuning into Side Hustling and Side Hustle Tuesdays Episode 55. I think you guys are really going to dig today's episode, it's about a really cool project and a bit different from other side hustles we've covered. Today's side hustle took over 10 years of work and over $100,000 which isn't typical of a side hustle and I actually questioned whether we could truly call it a side hustle. As we say if a side hustle isn't bringing in money fairly quickly it's typically a hobby more than a hustle. That said because today's side hustle had a full-time job and career that's kind of what enabled him to take his time and work slowly on this and invest as he went so I thought it was a worthwhile hustle. Side hustles come in all shapes and forms and side hustlers have many goals. Some want a quick one time cash infusion, others want to build something long term, some people are looking for quick cash and others are looking to replace their job and income. Today's side hustle story is about a guy who enjoyed camping and hiking and kayaking and everything outdoors but one problem he found is that boats are kind of a pain in the butt to have. You have to haul them around, you need a trailer, even with something smaller like a kayak or canoe or SUP you need roof racks and they are nearly impossible to hike with. Today's side hustler dreamed of a boat that could fold up portable, heck even one that could fit into a backpack and that's what he set out to do. The hustle took over 10 years to finally complete, comming up with the idea and design, building a prototype himself, it then took him 3 years to find a manufacture and even though he has a live product he's selling direct to consumer he's still tinkering with the design and recently did a revision which allows the boat to go from backpack to water ready in under 3 minutes which cut a minute off the previous design which took 4 minutes. This side hustle really struck a chord with me as well as lately I've had an interest in the outdoors, camping, kayaking etc. I just got back from a camping trip up in the UP or Upper Peninsula of Michigan so during this video I'm going to share with you guys a brief slideshow of some pics from my trip. Anyhow, sit back and enjoy and thanks for watching.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post