Hey guys, I made a video earlier today about the New Youtube Monetization Policies. Essentially no longer is the requirement just 10,000 views, you now need 1,000 subs, and 4,000 hours of watch time. You can watch that video below... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2aVMA3Y7M I was a little turned off by this move as I had already met the requirements for monetization and during the period my new channel was being reviewed they changed the rules. To me it felt like they were changing the rules in the middle of the game. That said there are creators out there who were even more screwed over than myself. I found this post on Reddit, I'll link to it below, but essentially creators who have already been approved for monetization, Youtube is terminating their partner relationship if they are unable to meet the new rules of 1,000 subs and 4,000 hours of watch time within the next 30 days. I think that's a pretty poor way of handling this. Personally I think it would be better to grandfather in people who had already been approved and put the new rule change in place for new creators going forward. Obviously I'm just me, my opinon doesn't mean much but typically when a site changes rules or policies they typically grandfather in people who were in before said change. Have you been affected by this? Let me know your thoughts. Drop a comment in the comments section below...
Hey guys, I made a video earlier today about the New Youtube Monetization Policies. Essentially no longer is the requirement just 10,000 views, you now need 1,000 subs, and 4,000 hours of watch time. You can watch that video below... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2aVMA3Y7M I was a little turned off by this move as I had already met the requirements for monetization and during the period my new channel was being reviewed they changed the rules. To me it felt like they were changing the rules in the middle of the game. That said there are creators out there who were even more screwed over than myself. I found this post on Reddit, I'll link to it below, but essentially creators who have already been approved for monetization, Youtube is terminating their partner relationship if they are unable to meet the new rules of 1,000 subs and 4,000 hours of watch time within the next 30 days. I think that's a pretty poor way of handling this. Personally I think it would be better to grandfather in people who had already been approved and put the new rule change in place for new creators going forward. Obviously I'm just me, my opinon doesn't mean much but typically when a site changes rules or policies they typically grandfather in people who were in before said change. Have you been affected by this? Let me know your thoughts. Drop a comment in the comments section below...